An approach with Community participation
- It is customary in Gujarat to host public dinner on festival days or social occasions like
- Marriage anniversary
- Birth anniversary
- Death anniversary
- Any special occasion like any educational or social achievement like ranking first in school, promotion etc.
- It is also very common that in many villages sweets are distributed in people on the occasion of birth of a child or success in exam etc.
- Taking advantage of the above social values , GOG has started Tithi Bhojan Yojana.
How Tithi Bhojan Yojana works
- In each village people are educated for this Yojana
- Sarpanch of gram panchayat , political leaders , social leaders , principal of the school, economically rich people in the community gives contribution in Tithi Bhojan Yojana.
- Per month at least 5 to 10 Tithi Bhojan donors are listed in each village.
Contribution of donars in Tithi Bhojan Yojana
- Over and above they give one sweet like Laddu, Sukhadi, Shrikhand etc.
- They give farsan /namkeen.
- They give milk/fruits
- They donate utensils which are used in MDM
- They donate RO plant / Water cooler /Fan in school Tithi Bhojan by Community Participation